fb

Friday, October 10, 2008

My Working Days @ Ventiane Laos

Day1 - 9/10/2008
------------------------
After arriving at the Ventiane airport, we followed the driver to the Bank. It just 15 minutes journey to Bank. Along the way, I saw a lot of temples. However, the shape , design , color almost same. That's make not much different to me. When reached the bank, "Oh My God~ as expected we need to climb up 3 floors to reach our hostel." Ya~ we are staying in the hostel just above the working area. Surprisingly, the air-conditioner is big. The room also very big. When is lunch time, they brought us to the nearby food restaurant. Each dishes cost around 13000 until 45000 KIP, where RM1 is around 2488KIP. I love the coconut drink here. But I love the Tom Yum Kong more than that. Is really nice~~ but my dai lo said the prawn is not so fresh. After that, we went to Phat Luong. Is really huge with golden color painted on it. I wonder why South East Asia people like GOLD so much~~~ rich and prosperity~~ I GUESS. So sad I didn't bring camera out. WASTED!!! At night, we had dinner near Mekong River. Really nice the pat rai fried noodles. After that, we went to see the Mekong River. Very calming night view river.

Day 2 - 10/10/2008
---------------------------
Morning, we walked to the right from JDB Bank. As what they told us, morning usually no people open stalls. This town is really peaceful. Already 730am, but still not much cars around. We had banquet (France bread) and hot coffee. It costs 34000 KIP for 2 person. That's expensive.





Lunch, we had pork rice (cantonese "Mun Chu Kiot" Fan). Taste really good. Just like the taste in MBK, Bangkok food court. Moreover, we had the Bitter Guard Soup also. Nice~~~

Night, we had mee or soup mee. Is actually like wantan mee in Malaysia. However, it taste different abit.Day 3 - 11/10/2008
----------------------
Early morning, we went to Morning Market and shopping mall to have breakfast.
It costs 8000KIP for the mee and 4000 KIP for the tea and coffee. Price is similar to Malaysia but the coffee I think really expensive. =P.





Day 4 -12/10/2008
---------------------


Morning, we had breakfast ar JOMA Cafe which is abit like Starbucks Cafe. But price also ain't cheap.





After that, we went to Patuxai.



After bath, around 4pm we walked out again.


Day 7 - 15/10/2008
----------------------
Today is public holiday in LAOS, which is boat racing day.
As usual, i still wake up , breakfast , work.
Lunch time, I go out alone to find restorant nearby Mekong River while can see how's the boat racing event.
I passed by the Wat Prakeo and Wat Sisaket. Feeling so bad if I not going in to have a look. hahahaahahah....SO.....I turned back to Wat Prakeo. Entrance fee for foreigner is cheap only 5000 KIP = RM2. Then I walked to Wat Sisaket as well which is just opposite of it. Entrance fee also 5000KIP. Please note that there is a break between 12pm-1pm for these 2 temples.



Day 8 - 16/10/2008
----------------------
We went to famous noodle house in Laos.


Day 9 - 17/10/2008
----------------------
Nothing special. What a tiring day!!!! I hate socket!!! wahahahaah


My favourite drinks in Laos.

Avocado drinks in indonesia still the BEST!!!


Day 11 - 19/10/2008
-----------------------




Patuxay


Day 12 - 20/10/2008
-----------------------
Laos local food which you cannot find by the roadside.


This actually taste like small prawn. I did try few. Kinda like it. They said is very expensive and hard to find.

Well, before I back to Malaysia. I was invited to house warming by the one of the staff. They cooked some "duck blood" meals. According to the staff, is not easy to prepare this meal and not much people know how to cook this nicely.

My favourite Beer Lao -the cheapest you can get is USD1. But usually is USD1.5-2.5
Lao Salad
Duck Blood Dishes
Wow ~ nice food

List of interesting places in Vientiane:
1. That Luong

2. Patuxay - center of the town

3. Wat Prakeo - nearby president hall

4. President Hall - center of the town

5. Buddha Park - far from town need a car to go
Sleeping Buddha - very elegant


6. Wat Sisaket - opposite of Wat Prakeo
entrance fee to wat sisaket and wat prakeo is around RM2 only

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails